MEA needs your input.
As part of its ongoing commitment to ensuring our members have safe, reliable, sustainable, and economical electricity, MEA is planning to build a new transmission line from Eklutna to either the Herning or Cottle substation in Wasilla.
This project will:
• Loop the transmission around load centers
• Provide for multiple sources to MEA substations
• Improve reliability by reducing outages
• Carry larger capacity distribution lines as underbuild
• Serve more residential and commercial loads
• Follow MEA Transmission Long Range Plan (LRP)
This website is designed to help you keep informed about this important project.